Monday, August 31, 2009

The Journey Begins,

Every journey has a begining and mine is no different. i had been browsing some internet dating sites and had even been on a few dates with some nice men, but no one that i wanted to go on a second date with, let alone form a lasting relationship.
So, one day i was again browsing some sites and i ended up on a site i had never seen before. i looked around the site a little and to tell the truth at first i was appalled. It was an alternate lifestyle site. But, the more i looked and read, the more intrigued i became. i decided to post a profile on this site, all the time telling myself i would never come back....but of course i did.
i went back to this site several times a week. i read more and even looked up some stuff on the internet. i have to say, some of the things i read frightened me, but some of the things i read made sense. It spoke to me in a way that none of the other sites did.
So, i stopped being a passive participant. i started going in the chat rooms, and browsing profiles. i even expressed interest, what the site referred to as winking, in some of the men whose profiles interested me. Some of these men responded.  Some winked even winked back.We would e-mail and chat on IM. i learned more about "The Lifestyle". Some of these men i found were too intense for me, some were into things that i had no desire to even try, and some of course were fakes or players. Others i liked. Some of these men lived far away, and others were local. i even went out with one, but we just didn't click.
Then it happened. i found the profile of a man that i really liked. He lived quite a distance from me, but i had put in my profile that i was willing to relocate for the right person. i winked at Him. He responded and we started e-mailing one another. We had a lot of differences. The first one was rather obvious, i am Baptist and He is Pagan. He asked me if this would be a deal breaker for me. i told Him "No, as long as you don't try to change my religion." He promised that would never happen.
With that out of the way, we continued to talk, e-mails, instant messages, even an occassional phone call. We did this for 2-3 months. He had years of experience and i had none. He set about teaching me things i needed to know. He asked about my "limits" but i told him i didn't know enough yet to have limits. i was hooked. Every time i saw His name in my inbox i would get a little flutter of excitement in my stomach, if i knew He was going to call, i would just sit waiting for the phone to ring.
After about 3 months we decided we wanted to meet. He arranged for us to meet in a town that was about three hours away from both of us. He even arranged for a hotel room. It was really happening.
The day we were going to meet came. i got ready, made sure my mom who i was living with at the time had all the information about where i was going and who i would be with. i didn't tell her that the person i was meeting was into an alternative lifestyle, that was something i did not want her to know.
As i walked out to my car i wondered what i was getting myself into, i even toyed with the idea of backing out. But, then i reminded myself that this was what i wanted. i took a deep breath and got into my car.....
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment