Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's Been Quite a While

OK, i know it has been a long time since i have written anything. This is not because there has been nothing to say, but rather because things just get so hectic sometimes that i neglect the non-essential things. But, i think i need to make blogging into something that is essential because i find i feel more calm and focused when i get my feelings out.

When i started this blog, i guess i was a little self-centered, thinking i was going to be orginal, that no one but i would think of writing about TTWD for all the world to see. Boy, was i wrong. When i started out i was amazed by how many other blogs about submission, slavery, and BDSM were out there. Did this deter me? No. i decided to go with a blog that i felt would be educational for others who were just starting out on this path, or that were considering it, but hadn't decided yet if it was something they wanted to do. But, after a short time i found it to be so much more. Not only did i find blogs that i looked forward to reading every day, (and yes i have been reading them almost every day even though i rarely comment) but i found my blog was a safe place to talk about my feelings. Sometimes, just writing about them and knowing that someone is reading them is enough to make me feel better, like someone cares. And, when i get comments expressing support and compassion that is even better.

Things have gotten better since my last post. i want to thank everyone who commented. There was one comment that i tried to publish, but for some reason it didn't, so apologize to that person, i appreciate you taking the time to write. One day, shortly after i made that post i climbed up in Daddy's lap and just let all my feelings out. It was the first time we had talked like that in a long time. It was very helpful, and He told me that anytime i need to get my feelings out to Him, to just let Him know and He will make time for us to talk. 

Tha's not to say that things are perfect, or a bed of roses. We still have days when i get frustrated or discouraged. i think (and this is just my opinion) that all submissives feel that way sometimes, but knowing that He is there and willing to listen to me helps. Our room mate is still here, and sometimes she is very, very demanding towards me. For some reason she feels that it is her God given right to tell me what to do. i usually do what she tells me to, that is the submissive in me, but i know at times i have been a little snotty about it. In Daddy's defense, He usually doesn't know about these things. So, while i know He would probably expect me to be respectful of her (she is a Domme after all) i think if He were more aware of it, He might say something. For my part, i don't tell Him about it most of the time, because i don't want to cause waves. There was one day when i got scolded by both of them for the same thing at different times, and when i told Daddy that i had already been yelled at about that He told me He didn't know that, and that truly the only one i always had to listen to was Him, the one i submit to.

So, it is a new year, and my only true resolution, (i am already working at weight loss, exercise, and eating better) is to be a better submissive. To listen, and do as i'm told, to express my feelings instead of holding them in and being passive/aggressive ("i'm fine" when it is clear that i'm upset about something) and to be far less argumentitive. i am going to blog more , and i'm going to go back to keeping a journal (i already bought one, it is purple with flowers and butterflies) because Daddy says that when i journal i write my true feelings. i have permission to write whatever i feel in my blog and my journal without fear of repercussion because they are for me, even though He often reads both. It is a way for Him as He puts it, to get in my head.

So, Happy New Year to all my blogger friends.

7 comments:

  1. Wow it has been a while! I'm glad to see you're back and that things are heading in a positive direction with your Dom.
    So how was your Christmas and New Years? I hope you had fun :)

    -Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again... just a bit of advice, though. Just cause she's a Domme doesn't give her the right to boss you around. If she's causing issues for you then it's something you definitely need to talk to your Daddy about. Forget about making waves... you shouldn't have to be miserable just so someone else can be happy. That's not what this lifestyle is about.

    Hope it all works out and Happy New Year to you!

    *hugs*

    spirited

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think private and public blogs or journals are wonderful ways to let our Dom's inside our head and figure out where we are...at least in a mental sense...

    I think it's a great idea.

    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too find writing to be beneficial. It keeps me focused and it also provides a way for my Master to understand my feelings. I hope you continue to write and find the time. For me its not a "non-essential" its an "essential". Afterall how can you "be" what you crave to "be" if you cannot express yourself and your Daddy has no idea of which way to direct you because he is unaware of the turmoil in your head?

    Writing is essential, for my relationship anyway.

    Warm hugs

    rosie

    PS I also agree with spirited one's comment
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer-My Christmas and New Years were great, i got far more spoiled for Christmas then i should have and we went to a great party for New Yeas.

    spirited-You are so right, and i am trying to speak up for myself a little more, it just is not something i'm used to doing. Knowing that He is there for me and ready and willing to listen when i need to talk has helped to take some of the pressure off.

    Mouse and Rosie-i love to write, it makes me feel much more balanced and in control, i just have to make the time for it in my day, i plan to make it a priority in the coming year, both for myself and for our relationship.

    Thanks to everyone for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you... thanks for the blog comment.

    Happy New Year - hope it's a great one for you.

    t. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see your bad and things are getting better, I have to admit I was worried for a while and came by every day to see if you were alright *hugs*

    Back when I was still living in America, Master started me doing a daily journal. For a while I struggled with what to write every day but its true, even if its just a recap of the days events (no matter how uneventful) its so helpful! Sometimes I would find myself typing away on a tangent I didn't realize I'd be contemplating :P I'm glad to hear your getting back into keeping a journal!

    ReplyDelete