Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nothing New

My life has been pretty boring lately. Of course boring isn't always a bad thing. Daddy and i are happy and i have been staying out of trouble, which makes me very happy. i have really been trying to follow my rules, and most importantly "not argue" and i think we both notice the change and it is paying off.

i am currently in the middle of being off for seven days. It is not exactly a vacation, it just worked out that i got this time off, but i am still feeling very relaxed and restful right now. Work has been very stressful lately, a lot of people have lost their jobs and there is talk that the company is planning to let more people go in the next few months. Add to that the fact that they are placing unreasonable demands on us, it starts to get to you. We are planning tomorrow to go to our friends farm for a few days. Last time we were there i got to feed the baby cows with a (very large) baby bottle. It was really cool. i grew up not exactly in the city, but certainly not on a farm, so the only animals i had contact with other than in the zoo were cats and dogs. So, spending time collecting eggs, feeding cows, and riding horses is new for me. Would i like to do it every day, probably not, but it is a nice change of pace now and then.

A couple of days ago my cat got out. She is an indoor cat, with no front claws, so her getting out was truly concerning. i am not sure when she got out, or even how. i have a feeling our room mate let her out at some point when she let her dog out. i was working, but i kept looking for her all over the house all day, trying to tell myself she couldn't really be outside. When i got off late that night, i went outside and searched for her, calling and looking for her. i couldn't find her anywhere. i got home and i was just sobbing. Daddy just held me trying to comfort me, but that was really not possible. Then our room mate came home and said she had just seen my cat under my car. i went out to the driveway and there she was soaking wet and shivering. i was so relieved. i have had her since she was six weeks old, and if anything happened to her i would be devastated. But after the fact i was just so touched about the way Daddy tried to comfort me. He is not crazy about my cat, but He did everything He could to make me feel better and reassure me that she would come back. Which thank Heavens, she did.

So, that's it. Nothing is really new, but life is good, i still have four days off of work, and i'm feeling great.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I know how awful it is when a beloved cat gets lost! My hobbes was an indoor baby that I saved when someone dropped him off in the middle of the road in front of my work place. He got out a couple times when inconsiderate roommates left the front door open and I flipped out with worry. I'm glad your cat is home and safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good about the cat. We have 3 and the worst that happens is that one gets shut in a room, you know how cats love to go into anything like a cave.

    ReplyDelete